The Banquet Chef is responsible for catering and event culinary production throughout the Skirvin Hilton, and providing the optimal service possible while operating within predetermined budgetary limitations.
- Supervise the kitchen and the preparation and presentation of foods by chefs, cooks and pantry personnel, overseeing that all banquet menu items are prepared according to specs.
- Maintain an adequate supply of all food items such as meat, groceries, perishables, etc. used in the banquet kitchen.
- Assure that purchases are made using specifications and make appropriate changes when specification changes are warranted.
- Assure that sufficient quantities of pre-prepared items are available to meet projected demands and are stored in a manner, which increases their usefulness, as well as maintain quality.
- Assure that only the quantities of items scheduled for use are requisitioned from the storeroom.
- Assure that only the amounts needed of convenience salad dressing and soups are issued, appetizers and cold plates are prepared with the proper portions and that hot and cold foods are prepared on a timely basis.
- Provide variety in menu preparation; within budgetary limitations.
- Associate degree in culinary arts or equivalent apprenticeship
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a first class hotel/resort or restaurant
- Minimum two (2) years of high volume event culinary/prep exp
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to make good, quick decisions in high stress situations
- Strong culinary skills/experience
- Strong grasp of the numbers; budget analysis
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- 3 years ago - save job