Detailed understanding of IP based networks, network standards, and network security protocols and methods. Have experience with the specification, configuration and administration of enterprise class CISCO, Juniper and Brocade equipment.
- Full use and understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods
- Thorough understanding of company policies and practices
- Aware of business objective and Engineering role in achieving
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Ability to clearly report relevant information
- Understands and applies basic project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls
Education and Experience
Bachelor†s degree in software engineering, a related technical field, or the equivalent experience is required. In addition, a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required, 12 years preferred.
Must be able to travel 20% of the time
Must be capable of obtaining a Security Clearance
Tasks † Develop the detailed design of the Identity and Access Management Components of a SOA based Enterprise Class IT system. As part of developing the detailed design, the configuration and constructs of the components must be proven in a development lab environment. Once proven in development lab environment the candidate will be responsible for documenting the design along with the administration and configuration of the subsystem in the production integration and test environment.
Frequent contact with senior managers within and outside of Engineering
Frequent contact with various departments across the company including, but not limited to, Program Management, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance
Frequent contact with external customers and vendors
Frequent contact with Business Development
Works performed without appreciable direction
May function in a mid size project leadership role
Provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Mission Systems has developed lifesaving communication products, integrating them into secure...