Manager of Application Infrastructure Administration
Dartmouth College is seeking to add a talented computing professional to our management team. We are seeking a Manager of Application Infrastructure Administration, who will provide leadership and management of the institution’s diverse application and infrastructure environment and related technical environments. If selected you will manage a dedicated team supporting the infrastructure that provides services to a large portfolio of applications sustaining many activities at the institution including Microsoft Exchange, MS IIS in addition to database support for MySQL and MS SQL Server.
This career opportunity is located on the campus of Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated technical career progression, to include experience installing and maintain commercial off the shelf software packages.
- Experience troubleshooting complex technical issues in a diverse technology environment.
- Experience with Windows server environments including SQL and ISS and/or Unix server environments including RDBMS, application server and related utilities is a plus.
- Multi-year experience in database and system management.
- Experience including relational database design, relational database administration in an applications development environment, and programmer/analyst experience.
- Experience managing large system implementation and conversion process in a large diverse organization while working in a collaborative manner with the other technical personnel and members of our user community.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills; ability to foster a collaborative team environment and provide excellent customer service; strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidates must have 6+ years of planning, project management, and supervisory experience supporting large, complex system implementations in a collaborative fashion with business partners. Dartmouth invites applications from individuals seeking professional growth and challenge as part of a fast-paced, innovative advancement team. We offer competitive compensation along with the opportunity to live in a region rich with the cultural sophistication of an Ivy League community that offers a number of recreational activities on a year round basis.
For more information on this and other opportunities at Dartmouth College and to apply on line, go to http://jobs.dartmouth.edu.
Please refer to position # 1011010.
Dartmouth College conducts background checks.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.