We are looking for a very specific HR Manager to join our team long term. We want this to be the right fit for you and for us: please see what the job description entails and a bit about us.
We are a very busy CPA practice with offices located in both Lancaster and Berks County. We have a strong, established client base and continue to expand. Over the past 25 years we've expanded throughout the area, and continue to expand, even now.
We are a strong experienced team of professionals who work very well together. Our facility and employees are very proud of the service we give to our clients. The level of professionalism, including our long term relationships with our clients is very important.
We are well organized and efficient while still maintaining a personal touch; goal oriented, with bonuses paid for achieving those goals.
Human Resources Manager:
The successful candidate will have a very strong ability to work with staff to increase their productivity. He/she will also be very organized and efficient and have a proven track record for increasing productivity by motivating staff and introducing better work systems. This person will have a very real understanding of management's viewpoint on why procedures need to be followed and why the goals need to be attained as well as an ability to bridge the gap with staff and bring them to that same understanding.
They will be responsible for overseeing the evaluation, training, and progress of new employees in order to determine if they will be a successful long-term addition to the team. Additionally, the will be handling the internal HR issues, making sure policies/procedures are followed, and aiding in the staffing efforts as needed.
The qualified candidate will have hands-on experience working with both Manager’s and staff members to improve team member’s performance. This position will require you to be involved in all aspects of Human Resources from start to finish. The individual in this role needs to be willing to take on new tasks/duties that will help the overall performance of the firm.
- Full cycle recruiting for both exempt and non exempt employees
- Ensuring the new hires are properly oriented into the company. This involves getting a new task list from managers, proper training materials, first week reports, new hire paperwork, business cards, etc.
- Handling any staff member who violates existing policy, procedure, and acceptable behavior standards
- Analyze training programs that are in place and work with Manager’s of that department to improve these processes
- Tracking of new employees and determine if they will be a productive and success member in the organization
- Reviewing and enforcing all disciplinary procedures, including termination.
- Aid in evaluation and execution of pay increase, production changes, a new positions, and bonus plans.
- Responsible for planning and implementing benefit programs and unemployment issues.
- Setup and maintain employee files
- Handle all HR employee related issues.
- Proposes policies and procedures that are beneficial to the firm production.
- Management experience-specifically handling underperforming staff and get them to perform
- Ability to enforce the company's policies and procedures
- Experience managing personnel and evaluating their performance
- Knowledge and experience handling internal personnel issues in an efficient manner
- Experience handling push-back and difficult staff members
- Ability to problem solve and determine the best course of action in a variety of circumstances
- Experience following direction from upper management/owner of the firm
Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access)
The pay is based on relevant experience, plus a bonus based on established goals and growth.
We are really looking for the right fit. We are a very high producing close knit team. We have a down-to-earth atmosphere here, while working together, all in-sync, to deliver the total accounting, tax and business development needs of our clients. We work very hard together and are looking for someone who wants to work hard, produce high quality service and have fun doing it.