FULL TIME / DAY SHIFT
**BENEFITTED MEDICAL STAFF POSITION**
The Staff Physician provides medical care for the residents/patients of Masonic Healthcare Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures and provides through established procedures assessments, evaluations, care and emergent and non-emergent treatment of residents/patients in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
2. Treat life-threatening emergencies following protocols as warranted.
3. Writes progress notes on patients' charts or in the electronic medical record indicating patient status and treatment of procedures performed.
4. Attempt to maintain the patient's physical, intellectual and emotional status for as long as possible.
5. Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures within designated clinical privileges.
6. Provides emotional support to patient and family as may be appropriate.
7. Serve as leader of the patient care team on the assigned units.
8. Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned.
9. All physicians will share fairly evening and weekend responsibilities for Masonicare Primary Care Physicians, MHC and Mid-State.
10. Utilizes as part of physician responsibilities computerized medical records.
Masonicare medical staff employees enjoy:
For more information, please send a CV to email@example.com
- electronic medical records
- paid medical malpractice insurance
- competitive hourly rates
- weekly payroll with direct deposit
- an on-site pharmacy
- comprehensive benefits offerings
Board Certification is REQUIRED.
GERIATRIC MEDICINE / INTERNAL MEDICINE OR FAMILY MEDICINE PREFERRED.
Current license as a physician in the State of Connecticut
Experience in institutional setting with Geriatric emphasis strongly preferred
Full Time/ Day shift
Samantha Buonanno, Recruitment Manager