The Energy & Utilities Practice is one of West Monroe Partners industry focused consulting practice areas that focuses on the selection, deployment and integration of Telecommunications and Smart Grid Solutions including Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Meter Data Management (MDM), wide area communication solutions including wired and wireless technologies, Distribution Management Systems (DMS), Load Control Management Systems (LCMS) and demand response (DR) systems and solutions as well as the associated business process redesign required to ensure their effective use.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work on and/or directly lead a project team while staying focused and multi-task oriented in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will also need to possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with client personnel, senior management and the project team.
The candidate must have relevant experience and familiarity with wired and wireless telecommunication solutions, preferably in a utility environment. Additional expertise in smart grid initiatives and their interdependency on the complex interaction of available and emerging automation, communications, and metering technologies is a plus. He/she may also be working with Company’s utility clients to create financial models and develop risk mitigation approaches and strategies to help them manage investment risk, and promote strategies to justify grid modernization investments and solutions.
The position requires strong Utility industry consulting and/or project management skills and will have some or all of the following minimum responsibilities:
- Manage and/or participate in team of software/solution implementation, systems integration, and business consultants
- Comfort deploying, configuring and testing the appropriate software or energy related consulting solution. Work outputs include helping to design workflows, new processes, data flow and integration with existing systems and business practices
- Work with customers on-site to discover and document "as is" and "to be" business process and solution design requirements
- May deliver on-site user training
- Acts as or supports the Project Manager in developing project plans, milestones, estimates, and structure on larger engagements
- Contribute to Company’s Telecommunications and Smart Grid Consulting practice (methodology, practice aids, team), and Drive best practices behaviors into the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering , Management Information Systems or Computer Science / Graduate Degree required
- Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Management Information Systems preferred.
- Ability to Travel Monday - Thursday (weekly) up to 80%
- 5 - 7 years of telecommunications engineering experience, wired and wireless preferred.
- Prior experience managing medium-large teams of professional services consultants and large projects
- 5+ years of business consulting experience and/or the delivery of complex telecommunications and/or other technical consulting solutions
- Experience in systems integration in consulting or customer-facing information technology field
- Experience with telecommunications systems and Element or Network Management Systems is a plus.
- Mature business project management and consulting skills; writing and presentation of business solutions
- Business skills: listening, clarifying, asking questions, recommending, proposing ideas and solutions
- Positive attitude, excellent customer communications skills and the ability to act on own initiative with a strong commitment to customer service
- Knowledge of utility cost structures and significant exposure to wired and wireless telecommunications solutions.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.