Microsemi SOC Products Group (formerly Actel) is a leading manufacturer of FPGAs with a focus on reliability, security and low power. FPGAs are highly flexible programmable logic circuits widely used in applications from handheld electronics to the Mars Curiosity rover. Our Advanced Development team is seeking an intern in the area of FPGA architecture and related computer-aided design algorithms.
Job Description :
· Use your software engineering skills to improve and extend the complex suite of tools that drive our architecture research and development process. For example:
o Streamline and web-enable our processes.
o Investigate new techniques for modeling delays in FPGA circuitry.
· Depending on your skills and ambition you might also:
o Code, evaluate or even invent a new computer-aided design/optimization algorithm.
o Help design and document some aspect of the architecture of our new FPGAs.
o Observe how an interdisciplinary team collaborates on a $100M project and test your project management skills.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in electrical engineering, computer science, math or related field.
- Available for a minimum of 9 weeks.
- Experience developing complex object-oriented programs in C++ or Python under Linux.
- Familiar with basic data structures (e.g. lists, trees) and graph algorithms (e.g. shortest path).
- Familiar with basic concepts of digital logic.
- Graduate students will be expected to have more advanced skills in these areas and a record of accomplishment using them in practical or research projects.
- Excellent communication skills orally (e.g. to present research findings) and in writing (e.g. specs and documentation).
Microsemi - 11 months ago
Microsemi is on a power trip. The company makes power management semiconductors that regulate and condition electricity to make it more...