Subject to the medical protocols established by Physician Association and the Chief Medical Officer of Concentra and in cooperation with other physicians assigned to a clinic or “Center”, Physician shall provide primary medical direction and coordination of professional medical care within the occupational health program. Directly reports to Center Medical Director.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra’s medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Physician Association and Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Meets with Concentra’s Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Assists in scheduling and medical coverage for company owned or Physician Association managed centers.
- Participates in quality management processes.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Participates in development and presentation of in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, medical support staff, and other personnel of Physician Association or Concentra.
- Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs, and conduct work place on-site visits.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Participates in the local “on-call” program of Concentra and Physician Association.
- In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
- Clinic environment.
- Minimal travel.
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Basic computer skills and preferably experience with electronic health records.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior customer service and “bed side manner” skills.
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and teach.
- Ability to work in a team environment that is dedicated to patient care.
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction.
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university.
- Board Certification or Eligibility in a related field.
- Preferred two to five years experience in primary care, occupational medicine, urgent care or emergency medicine setting.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation,...