Subject to the medical protocols established by Physician Association and the Chief Medical Officer of Concentra and in cooperation with other physicians assigned to a clinic or “Center”, Physician shall provide primary medical direction and coordination of professional medical care within the occupational health program. Directly reports to Center Medical Director.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra’s medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Physician Association and Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Meets with Concentra’s Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Assists in scheduling and medical coverage for company owned or Physician Association managed centers.
- Participates in quality management processes.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Participates in development and presentation of in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, medical support staff, and other personnel of Physician Association or Concentra.
- Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs, and conduct work place on-site visits.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Participates in the local “on-call” program of Concentra and Physician Association.
- In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
- Clinic environment.
- Minimal travel.
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Basic computer skills and preferably experience with electronic health records.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior customer service and “bed side manner” skills.
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and teach.
- Ability to work in a team environment that is dedicated to patient care.
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction.
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university.
- Board Certification or Eligibility in a related field.
- Preferred two to five years experience in primary care, occupational medicine, urgent care or emergency medicine setting.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is a national health care company focused on improving the health of America’s workforce, one patient at a time. Through its...