DUTIES: Responsible for the overall operation of the food service. Provide oversight of daily kitchen operation, and ensure efficient operation of food service areas.
1. Provides oversight of daily kitchen / food storage operation.
2. Assist FSD in food ordering, and departmental work orders / requisitions.
3. Assist FSD in establishing and maintaining a cost control/inventory system.
4. Assist FSD to make work assignments to kitchen staff and volunteers.
5. Prepare and serve food.
6. Comply with state health regulations in the operation of the kitchen, including maintenance of proper sanitation by wearing plastic gloves, hair nets, and aprons.
7. Supervise kitchen staff in absence of FSS. Give direction to staff when necessary.
8. Ensure dining room is set up and tables and floors are clean before and after meals.
9. Keep kitchen refrigerators, walk-in refrigerator, freezer, and all drawers and cabinets clean and organized at all times.
10. Keep all foods in the refrigerators labeled with date and contents.
11. Keep and maintain a daily temperature log of food being served, as well as all refrigerators and freezers.
12. Operate necessary kitchen equipment for food preparation and clean-up.
13. Lift and carry cooking materials and supplies.
14. Attend training as necessary to include but not limited to: state certification classes, staff meetings, etc.
15. Maintain client confidentiality and treat client and staff with respect.
High school diploma or equivalent and two year cooking experience. Combination of education and experience will be considered. Able to comply with recipes, safety handling instructions and job description. Medically qualified to work in food service area. Must have or obtain within the orientation period a valid ServSafe certificate. Able to prepare meals in large quantities. Valid drivers license and pass TSA MVR check is a plus.
CONTACT PERSON: Dave Lenhardt
ADDRESS: 1466 Hwy N Bourbon, MO 65441
PHONE: (573) 732-5239
FAX: (573) 732-5027
The Salvation Army USA Central Territory - 22 months ago
Battling to provide social services, The Salvation Army is more than 4 million strong -- including some 3.4 million registered volunteers....