Senior Program Officer-Healthy Living
The Colorado Health Foundation seeks an exceptional individual with strong program management, implementation and leadership skills to join the Healthy Living outcome team. This individual will work closely with the Portfolio Director for Healthy Living to further develop and implement our funding strategies. The Senior Program Officer for Healthy Living will work with the philanthropy and evaluation teams to monitor and evaluate achievement of measurable results in order to gauge the Foundation’s progress in meeting its goals. The successful candidate will also provide mentoring and promote the professional development of program officers, associate program officers and assistant staff as appropriate.
- Further define and develop Healthy Living strategies by:
- Establishing and implementing strategies to achieve outcome goals, including leading crossfunctional teams,
- Reviewing grant proposals,
- Initiating, soliciting and developing a portfolio of initiatives and grants,
- Recommending and making presentations of initiatives and grant proposals to the Philanthropy
- Committee and/or Board of Directors as part of the Foundation’s grantmaking process,
- Managing a portfolio of active grants, including grant maintenance, reporting and grantee communications, and
- Monitoring the progress of the strategy and initiatives (both financially and from an outcome perspective) and making adjustments to grantmaking priorities and recommending changes to policy and communications strategies as necessary.
- Manage relationships with grantees, potential grantees, consultants and contractors and provide quality, responsive customer service to all applicants and existing grantees.
- Mentor the Healthy Living outcome team and other Foundation program staff as appropriate.
- Represent the Healthy Living outcome team internally by focusing on cross‐functional integration to develop action plans for the funding strategies.
- Engage community leaders and organizations by initiating and managing relationships with grantees, potential grantees, policy makers, advocates and other stakeholders.
- Monitor the external environment by identifying important issues, necessary policy changes and emerging trends to translate information into the Foundation’s grantmaking activities.
- Master’s degree in business, economics, public administration, public policy or related field; appropriate experience may be substituted.
- Minimum of 10 years program and/or operations management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strategy, exhibit and promote leadership, develop work plans, multitask and deliver quality work on time and within budgetary guidelines.
- Working knowledge of nonprofits and/or government agencies preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the fields of healthy eating and active living.
- Knowledge of the grantmaking process.
- Superb project management skills with demonstrated experience managing large, complex projects connecting a variety of stakeholders.
- Superb analytic and critical reasoning skills including corporate analysis, financial analysis and budgeting experience.
- Exceptional written communication skills, including experience with concise business writing and the ability to translate complex ideas into clear, easy‐to‐understand concepts.
- Public speaking and presentation skills, including experience presenting complicated subject matter to non‐expert audiences and experience presenting strategic and complex information to high‐level decision makers.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and collaboration skills; strong initiative and superior productivity.
- Motivated and committed to the Foundation’s mission.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful contribution through her or his professional contributions. Interested candidates may submit their resumes and cover letters on the Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Colorado Health Foundation - 20 months ago