Set up, tend and break down banquet bars in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Bartender– Bar Manager–Assistant Restaurant Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Check Banquet Event Orders to determine function, number of guests and type of bar (house, premium, cash, open, etc.)
- Set up portable bar in function area according to standard policies and procedures.
- Follow established guidelines, policies and procedures regarding making beverages.
- Abide by state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Abide by HHM cash handling policies and procedures.
- Remove all trash and liquor glasses from tables, and remove tablecloths, trash and liquor from function area.
- Break down and clean bar thoroughly; wipe surface areas and empty water in portable bar.
- Return all equipment and supplies to proper area.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous bartending/banquet experience or equivalent training.
- TIPS Certification a plus.
- Food Sanitation Certification required within 90 days of employment.
HershaHospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 35 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management - 9 months ago