Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Department: BusSvc: Fac/Custodial-Repair Pay Type: Hourly Months Per Year: 12 Hours Per Week: 40 Salary Plan: CLS Grade: G20 Min Rate: $ 15.04 Max Rate: $ 22.24
Salary Range Information
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. For further advancement on our classified salary schedule you can do the following:
Work Experience Credit for Placement on Salary Schedule:
Classified employees will be granted one (1) step up to the maximum of five (5) steps for previous work experience(s) in a like position(s), which includes in-district and out-of-district work experience. Work experience credit is based on hours as posted in the Classified Master agreement. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
If the above is done within first (90) calendar days of employment, their salary shall be retroactive to the employees’ current/new position start date.
For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Classified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.
Department Marketing Statement
Must be able to work various shifts
SUMMARY: Responsible for Custodial staff supervision and the overall cleanliness, sanitation, security, safety and maintenance of the assigned facilities, buildings, grounds and equipment. Manage custodial personnel schedules and time, custodial inventory and equipment, custodial expenditures, building repairs and maintenance, seasonal and special projects, building use and building systems and operations of the assigned school.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must successfully complete current district training for supervision of Classified Staff within one year after entering position.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the custodial field.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must be 18 years old.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
- BOCES (safety) and AHERA (asbestos) training required within three months after entering position
- Hydraulic lift operation certification through the District required within 12 months after entering position.
- Customer service and public relations skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Supervisory and management skills.
- Thorough understanding of custodial methods, processes, procedures, chemicals and equipment.
- Mechanical ability and skills.
- Basic bookkeeping, mathematics and budget management skills.
- Basic skill with machines and hand and power tools.
- Basic understanding of electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Basic carpentry or cabinetry skills.
- Ability to understand floor plans and building systems.
- Ability to ensure adequate custodial coverage and response for all shifts.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies and building and department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Basic operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers, office productivity software and basic office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc.
- Operating knowledge of custodial cleaning equipment, industrial and domestic winter and summer yard care equipment, digital testing equipment and hand and power tools.
- May occasionally take direction from the Principal or Assistant Principal to prioritize daily activities.
- Responsible for planning, assigning, directing and guiding work; addressing complaints and resolving problems; training employees; interviewing and hiring; appraising performance; assisting supervisor with disciplining; and providing input into termination proceedings.
- Required to carry and respond to pager during assigned shift.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Responsible for managing custodial funds allocated for operations, ordering and maintaining inventory, tracking expenses and approving custodial expenditures.
- Manage human resources expenditures by reviewing and approving time and attendance, including real time, temporary leave, compensatory or flex time and overtime.
- Responsible for ensuring resources are used responsibly and ensuring the crew has adequate supplies and equipment necessary to complete their jobs.
- May manage a purchasing card and related expenditures.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools - 22 months ago