To perform the development from concept through production of equipment systems and components based on corporate and management directives; apply defined project management and engineering principles to accomplish expected goals and objectives; initiates actions necessary to begin new programs and follow them through production release. Responsible for the day to day performance of product engineering development project assignments that could range in complexity from component level application to complete system development. Applies project management and engineering principles to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within budgetary constraints. Interfaces with all departments, vendors and customers within the scope of the position. Capable of basic prototype development, assembly and testing. This person will have a general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies. Provides engineering management periodic status updates as required.
Key operational responsibilities
· Development of cooking equipment from component level integration to complete system development to improve marketability, quality, function, performance, and reliability while maintaining cost objectives.
· Chair design and project reviews as required.
· Develops project schedules to IPD guidelines in support of project goals and objectives.
· Plan and approve work performed by the Model Shop, Agency Labs, Drafting, Reliability, and Consumer Science.
· Review and approve all agency test results to ensure they meet all technical and agency requirements.
· Direct the activities of assigned designers and drafters.
· Prepare and direct preparation of engineering documentation (ECN’s, BOM’s, Drawings, and Specifications)
· Oversee disposition of first piece sample approvals.
· Demonstrate creative ability through invention or other significant contributions to the profession.
· Interface with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, and Outside Suppliers to provide or obtain necessary information.
· Perform any and all functions as outlined by Engineering Management; lead or participate in special function teams and support production as required.
· Fully supports company programs, policies and objectives
Product Care Manager
· Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering is required with Mechanical or Electrical Engineering being preferred.
· Minimum of 7 years of product design related experience is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Direct experience in the Major Appliance Industry is a plus
· Gas fuel design / development experience is a plus
· Demonstrated PC proficiency is required
· Strong Project Management skills a plus
Electrolux Home Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.