Job Title: Secretary II (7478)
School/Department: McMeen Elementary
Starting Hourly Rate: $15.67
Work Year: 200 days
Schedule: 8 hours/day, 5 days/week
Application Due Date: Open Until Filled
Position Start Date: 2012 - 2013 School Year
To provide full-performance level secretarial duties and responsibilities. To perform unusual or difficult work where only general methods are available. To complete, within predetermined limits of authority, work requiring independent action and decisions where considerable initiative and judgment are required. To perform word processing, filing, recordkeeping, and data management. To provide administrative support in the preparation of original analysis and reporting of various information. To assign work and provide technical direction and guidance to lower level secretarial positions, as directed.
1. Takes initiative to perform a variety of secretarial duties and responsibilities in direct support to designated supervisors, managers, directors and administrators.
2. Coordinates projects, tasks, calendars, schedules and verifies for accuracy and completion.
3. Performs a variety of administrative support duties, including: word processing; filing, recordkeeping and data management; bookkeeping, scheduling/coordinating of staff and activities; transcription; and other related duties including operating a variety of office machines.
4. Responds, as directed, to requests for administrative and clerical assistance from other positions, managers and supervisors, and departments.
5. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all contacts, internal and external. Initiates contacts with various vendors to ensure for the regular maintenance or repair of various general office equipment or to order supplies, materials and equipment.
6. Develops and maintains a general awareness of current and proposed activities. Keeps the immediate supervisor informed of activities which may have a positive or negative impact on duties and responsibilities performed by managers, supervisors and staff supported by this position.
7. Conducts original analysis and report preparation using spreadsheets and databases; researches and analyzes data/information, and reports findings as required or requested.
8. Maintains both the integrity and confidentiality of all data, research and analysis, as directed.
9. Operates a variety of office machines including desktop computers, printers, scanners, copiers, fax machines and calculators.
10. Monitors all office communication methods for effectiveness and recommends changes as necessary or, as required or requested.
11. Receives, coordinates and acts to ensure for the proper handling of telephone calls, postal and electronic mail, express/priority/over-night mail/correspondence, receipt/delivery of supplies, equipment and materials, and other communications, as required or requested. Communicates official departmental/employer policies, procedures and practices to designated individuals or groups, as directed.
12. Administers, within predetermined limits of authority, medications to students.
13. Assigns work and provides technical direction and guidance to lower level secretarial positions, as directed.
14. Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested.
Graduation from High School or equivalent, with an emphasis in general office support and administration.
Five (5) or more years of related experience is required.
Demonstrated experience providing secretarial, administrative and clerical support individually or, as a member of a clerical/secretarial pool to individual managers and supervisors, or to a team of managers and supervisors.
Position requires extensive skills or abilities in computer software applications, including word processing, databases and spreadsheets and a demonstrated proficiency with both PC and Macintosh operating systems.
Transcription skills may be required.
Due to the volume of applicants we receive, you will be contacted if an interview is requested.
Denver Public Schools - 2 years ago
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is...