Greet guests in a positive, friendly manner and make them feel welcome.
Guide guests through all phases of their experience at the restaurant.
Exhibit proper knowledge, selling techniques and service delivery of both non and alcoholic beverages.
Exhibit proper knowledge, selling techniques, and service delivery of menu items of every course.
Consistently follow sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by the room management.
Maintain table cleanliness utilizing a silent service approach.
Itemize bills correctly and efficiently secure payment.
Bid farewell to guests, using guest’s name when known, and encourage them to return.
Maintain cleanliness and stock of assigned areas, side stations, tables and Point of Sale (POS) stations.
Anticipate the guests’ needs and responding appropriately with a sense of urgency.
Work as a team, assisting all guests’ and employees’ needs and inquiries.
Effectively communicate with management, chefs and culinary staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- At least 5 years experience as a server in a similar, high-volume restaurant environment.
- Working knowledge of computers and Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Knowledge of standard kitchen equipment, including, but not limited to toasters, refrigerators/coolers, slicers, beverage machines.
- Working knowledge of food and wine and confidently speak on and properly serve such items.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 15 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...