Provide engineering solutions for various production lines geared toward enhancement of production quality, capacity and efficiency. Implements capital investments related to company's fixed assets from the initial conceptual studies through project performance validation process.
Supervisory responsibilities: This position is not supervisory in nature
- Identify and implement solutions for production lines focused on quality, capacity and efficiency.
- Provide plant support focused on enhancing the level of equipment availability and reliability.
- Define, propose and drive capital expenditure projects.
- Propose and monitor the projects in accordance with the key performance indicators.
- Responsible for characterizing and improving existing processes.
- Ensure that all projects are designed for the long term and result in a positive impact on the Company ROI and other financial metrics.
- Ensure safe work sites and installations that are easy to operate, clean and maintained.
- Assure the safe, consistent manufacturing/distribution of products that meet our quality standards
- Become a subject matter expert in aseptic manufacturing equipment.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, maintain professional, positive attitude at all times.
- Hands on mechanical experience and aptitude
- Self directed with ability to work effectively under pressure and stress.
- Familiar with P&ID’s, Functional Descriptions, Sequence of Operation, and instrumentation.
- Strong supervisory, organizational, prioritization skills
- Understanding of engineering principals for fluid flow, heating, cooling, motors, and product conveyance.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, setting system defaults and some software modification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem analysis, negotiation, creativity and independent judgment skills
- Strong advanced math skills: analysis, statistics, significant data or number manipulation
- Knowledge of food safety and regulatory requirements for food safety and equipment.
The position requires a Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred) or related field. Position requires 5 years of experience in Project Engineering and Project Management. Minimum of 5 years of experience with MS Project, ACAD. Experience in a Food Manufacturing facility strongly desired, but not required.
Pacific Foods of Oregon - 2 years ago