Macy's is currently seeking dynamic, self-motivated individuals who have a passion for make-up and skin care to work in one of our most vibrant and exciting departments. As a Macy's Cosmetic Beauty Advisor, you will assist customers with make-up and skin care selections through personal, one-on-one interaction and the sharing of your cosmetic knowledge and expertise. Follow up after the sale will enable you to build lasting customer relationships and help you to achieve personal and team selling and productivity goals.
In order to present our customers with the best possible shopping experience, Retail Cosmetic Beauty Advisors may arrive prior to store opening or remain after closing to ensure we are always ready to make Macy's magic. All Macy's associates have the opportunity to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as Gift with Purchase or other product-related promotions. While some benefits depend on the number of hours worked, Macy's offers competitive wages, comprehensive cosmetic training, and a generous employee discount of up to 20% to all Cosmetic associates.
Learn more about a career in cosmetics at Macy's by visiting
This Macy's location utilizes an innovative way of planning work schedules, allowing an associate to participate more in managing availability and setting preferences for work times. This enables our associates to address their need for flexibility in meeting both personal and work obligations. Details on My Schedule Plus are available during the interview process.
- Inspire the customer by making a connection and demonstrating products and techniques to create a lasting positive impression of you, Macy's, and your line
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to build customer relationships and loyalty through initiating service consultations, regular purchase follow-up and replenishment calls, and the maintenance of a client file
- Utilize customer service techniques and professional selling skills to achieve personal and team productivity goals
- Attend and actively participate in vendor meetings, seminars, schools, and other product knowledge and business-driving opportunities
- Maintain counter stock, cleanliness, and hygiene standards
- Perform other duties as needed
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Previous retail cosmetic sales experience a plus, but not required
- Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales, customer service, and loyalty program standards
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and quickly learning new procedures
- Available to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, and extended hours
Macy's, Inc., with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the US's premier retailers, with fiscal 2014 sales of $28.1...