At Bombardier, 65,400 employees in 23 countries work together to move people forward around the globe-one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Wichita, Kansas, you will report to our Manager for Structure Analysis and Stress. The function is to provide stress support in the design and certification of new and in-service aeronautical structures and systems installations to demonstrate compliance to specifications and airworthiness requirements.
In your role, you will:
- Execute Intermediate to complex assignments.
- Require a thorough understanding of aircraft structure, airworthiness regulations, and approved methods of analysis
- Review design and or repair proposals, write reports, conduct classical analysis and/or finite element analysis, review documents, conduct fatigue tolerance analysis, and interface with suppliers/customers/clients/partners.
- The position involves data and information exchange wit internal disciplines such as Airworthiness, Marketing & Sales, Liaison Engineering, Production and In-Service Support.
- May require travel.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in aircraft structural analysis.
- Strong in static strength analytical skills for metallic and composite structure using classical and finite element method.
- Proficiency with MSC NASTRAN linear finite element code is desirable. Have a basic knowledge of fatigue and damange tolerance analysis.
- Possess a basic understanding of the structural certification process for civil aircraft.
- Familiarity with aircraft loads and ability to idealize and define structurally sound load paths.
- Have a basic understanding of the operation of aircraft mechanical control systems.
- Requires knowledge in minimum weight design concept, conventional aircraft structural arrangements and manufacturing.
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Primary Location: US-KS-Wichita
Zip Code US
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 06.02.2013, 12:38:22 PM
At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll...