BASIC FUNCTION: Position responsible for receiving and distributing materials in the Materials Management department and for reconciling and maintaining related records.
1. 1 year materials management experience.
2. Basic math and computer skills.
3. Ability to work with minimal supervision; Demonstrated ability and willingness to take initiative.
4. Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating both Behaviors and Operating Principles in all internal and external customer interactions. Performs duties with accountability, competency, innovation, collaboration, compassion and respect to create the best possible outcomes with exceptional customer experiences.
1. Receives all materials, unpacking/uncrating items, and verifying accuracy of items received with the packing slip and original purchase order.
2. Conducts research, follow-up, and problem resolution as required. Contacts vendors regarding shipping errors and any unacceptable conditions of items received.
3. Documents requisitions regarding items received and items back-ordered; attaches requisitions to items and sends to appropriate department.
4. Ships items to the appropriate department. Stocks and maintains back-up inventories in materials holding area, filling and distributing orders as requested.
5. Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
6. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
Memorial Hermann Healthcare System - 3 years ago
Memorial Hermann is a world-class health system with progressive medical centers located throughout Houston and the surrounding areas. Named...