The Digital Producer at Swirl is ultimately responsible for translating creative ideas into project plans and deliverables for the internet, mobile and related advertising applications and platforms. The Digital Producer oversees the quality of digital assets from the agency, sitting and standing at the “epicenter of the strategic, creative, media, production and client teams.” This position serves as the conductor of the digital production phases, including but not limited to, leading the project planning early on in the project’s lifecycle, monitoring feasibility while simultaneously allowing for innovation to spark, vetting and managing production vendors, and assuring successful handoffs to vendors and/or delivery to publications.
The Digital Producer works closely with the Director of Digital Production to assign resources commensurate to the scopes of work and projects—working with fulltime developer resources and sourcing when the disciplines fall out of the in-house capabilities. This position will also partner with the Tech Director and HR to be vetting a robust talent pipeline of digital talent, training needs for existing staff, and new vendors. The Producer leads the asset management organization and all QA efforts for the digital assets being produced in-house and/or handed off to vendors. The Producer also owns the management of all external vendors related to their assigned client.
- Ensure each project is properly scoped and adequately documented prior to accepting it into production phase.
- Manage vendor relationships with the clients’ production, social media, mobile and SEO partners.
- Provide counsel for account management teams in the development of cost estimates and timelines for digital projects.
- Run internal production kickoff meetings for all projects for assigned client and check for understanding of project specs for development team.
- Lead beta testing phases for all stakeholders, agency and client-side and ensure feedback is addressed appropriately while offering updates on schedule implications.
- Lead media kick off meetings to ensure successful media trafficking phases.
- Track the critical path throughout the production process; escalate potential risks to deadlines, deliveries, and overall budget. Update the project plan regularly to reflect any changes to the schedule.
- Ensure that time and budget for quality assurance (including proofreading, link-checking, standard signoff sheets, etc) are provided for in every project scope, and that adequate time and resources are reserved for these measures to be carried out prior to delivery.
- Work closely with Director of Digital Production, IT Director and HR Director to ensure the team has adequate, qualified resources and technology needs.
- Champion workflow systems and devise creative ways to foster adherence and feedback loops for continued improvement and efficiency.
- Hire and manage technical vendors and freelance creative and production teams as needed.
- Five to seven years’ of experience in production and project management, preferably in an agency environment
- Experience in a client-facing, consulting environment
- Excellent technological writing skills including Requirement Analyses, Technical Specifications, Test Plans, Information Architecture documentation and Navigation Hierarchies
- Commitment to owning projects and driving them to successful completion on time and on budget
- Acute attention to detail spurned by a pride in all of the work that leaves the Swirl studio and maintained by consistent and thorough management of QA resources and processes
- Experience in all facets of project management—developing and executing detailed project plans for cross-functional and cross-organizational projects
- Ability to address changes or issues to project schedules, providing teams with guidance on impact and risk to schedule and budgets
- Experience in managing the development of web sites, web based applications and online advertising campaigns from start to finish
- Knowledge of database and web application technologies
- Excellent oral/written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels within the organization
- Ability to have an eye to the almighty feasibility factor (can the work be done in time, on budget and desired quality) and an eye to innovation (if we could only do this…)
- A true passion for the digital space and the use of technology to enhance our lives
- Experience working on a retail account a plus
- Collaborative team player who takes pride in the work product and success of the team and process
Founded in 1997, Swirl is an independently-owned advertising and marketing agency based in San Francisco. Our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, Clorox (Hidden Valley Ranch & Soy Vay), eBay, Cost Plus World Market, Playdom, Delta Dental, and California Table Grape Commission to regional favorites, like Torani, Pier 39, The Marine Mammal Center, U.C. Berkeley’s College of Natural Sciences, Common Sense Media and PG&E.
We believe that “doing” sits above “saying,” because when you do something, connections are made. There is a growing level of cynicism surrounding messaging without actions. When a brand truly stands for something, they act upon those values. We believe it is the role of the modern agency to help clients “do” something that matters and then amplify the conversation around that action through the various forms of media, including digital. We work with our clients to find ways to act upon their shared values with their customer base. Connections are the new social currency and we believe that brands will be built upon the connections they make. With the client, we set our goals for these connections and measure our success across multiple variables to ensure that the connections we are making are meaningful and converting to sales and overall awareness.
Swirl - 30+ days ago
San Francisco, CA
- 3 days ago
Sr. UX Producer - SNEI - SF
San Francisco, CA
- 4 days ago
San Francisco, CA
- 2 days ago