Technical Author/Writer, NY
Seeking – Technical Author / Writer - Contractor
BridgeView IT is seeking a Technical Author / Writer - Contractor
Familiarity with Oracle Applications, Linux, Informatica, Data Warehousing. (Note: All are not essential, but the project this person will be documenting is an in house Data Warehouse built on Linux OS, with Oracle DB’s, Informatica middle ware and several other Oracle Apps like OBIEE for instance in the mix. )
Involves interpreting technology or applications and then designing and writing documentation. The information may be presented in the form of user guides for software applications, reference manuals, training guides or online help incorporated into software and operating guides.
Assessing the audience and the nature of the documentation required:
Researching and gathering the information required:
- attending planning/briefing meetings;
- collaborating with developers and managers to clarify technical issues;
Presenting the information:
- understanding the technology and applications for which documentation is to be prepared;
- gathering and analyzing the information needs of the user.
- organizing information according to the user's needs;
- writing, editing and presenting information;
- commissioning, coordinating or preparing illustrations;
- indexing and cataloguing material;
BridgeView IT is a technology placement firm assisting a national network of clients identify and hire the highest-caliber IT professionals. Our management and senior recruiting specialists have successfully supported the IT marketplace for over a decade, and we have grown into a world class organization, with operations in major U.S. markets. BridgeView IT’s mission is to build long-lasting relationships through successful candidate placements, to conduct business with utmost professionalism and courtesy, and to achieve rewarding business performance results.
- working on and managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- creating work schedules;
- marketing - publicizing services and skills to potential clients;
- keeping up to date with developments and trends in the industry and attending training courses.
BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer. To proactively receive new job alerts from BridgeView IT, sign up at www.bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.aspx .
BridgeView IT - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard