Position: Property Accountant
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Location: New York, NY
The Property Accountant is responsible for effectively controlling and accounting for all financial transactions of student housing properties. The position interacts directly with other members in the accounting team, operations, human resources and property ownership. The Property Accountant is responsible for identifying, troubleshooting and recommending solutions for problems that may arise in existing processes and for assisting management and owners in developing new procedures to meet requirements created by new laws, policies or resident/tenant needs.
1. Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements including balance sheet, cash flow, and income statement with all supporting schedules.
2. Prepare variance analysis reports and bank reconciliation on monthly basis.
3. Prepare financial package(s) for the lenders including Debt Service Coverage Ratio and other lender schedules
4. Record biweekly payroll as provided by human resources
5. Review and process accounts payable, expense reimbursements etc.
6. Prepare necessary funding request to 3rd party owners and lenders
7. Assist with preparation of annual budgets and special project budgets
8. Review general ledger activity for completeness and accuracy.
9. Prepare and records necessary monthly accruals, recurring journal entries for depreciation, accrued interest etc.
10. Maintain and prepare supporting schedules to support general ledger accounts as required
11. Prepare special reports as directed by Supervisors and Owners
12. Prepare management fee calculation and billings to property
13. Perform all tasks assigned and perform them effectively, efficiently and timely.
1. Four year degree from accredited university in accounting, finance or related field
2. Experience in property management accounting, preferably student housing
3. Knowledge of Real Page One Site Accounting& Leasing a plus
4. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
5. Self-motivated , self-directed and detailed oriented with ability to work without direct supervision
6. Strong oral and written communication skills
7. Working knowledge of QuickBooks