- Provides standard-level financial support that is typically transactional for a business.
- Performs data extraction and puts it in a useful format for more senior individual contributors.
- Handles business issues of basic complexity on a routine basis.
- Develops an understanding of HP•s financial processes and a working knowledge of the business.
- Ability to influence a particular cost center within a business.
Education and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics recommended or equivalent experience.
- Typically 0+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
- Basic understanding of accounting processes.
- Basic analytical skills.
- Good business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Good communication skills.
- Good teamwork skills.
Accounting Processes and Systems (Business Financial Analyst)
Applies an understanding of United States (US) Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), HP finance and administrative processes, systems, policies and procedures to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
Tool and Technology Application (Financial Analyst)
Leverages available tools and technology to improve financial systems effectiveness
Process Excellence (Analyst)
Understands and effectively applies process knowledge to drive operational excellence
Business and Financial Controls
Demonstrates the ability to leverage company business and financial data and systems to ensure quality of transactions
Financial Analysis and Reporting (Financial Analyst)
Uses key financial indicators and measures to optimize the financial decision-making of the company
Risk Identification (Analyst)
Accurately identifies and resolves sources of financial systems risks
Strategic Business Perspective
Applies alternative future scenarios and their impact on the long-term business objectives
Financial Modeling (Analyst)
Attends to the most appropriate variables, inputs, and their relationships in a financial model, relevant to the business issue
Financial Rules and Regulations (Analyst)
Collaboratively and consistently applies regulatory accounting, tax, and legal best practices in all transactions
HP - 9 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...