Kaiser Permanente nurses advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered healing environment through their professional practice and leadership. Kaiser Permanente nurses are guided by an integrated nursing model that places patients and families in the center. Our nurses embody a set of core values and professional behaviors that define who we are. The Staff Registered Nurse practices professional nursing as defined by the Georgia Registered Professional Nurse Practice Act and by organizational policies, procedures and guidelines. This position provides nursing care for patients, members and families to restore and promote health and to prevent illness and injury. He/She collaborates with leadership and members of the Health Care Team to ensure the delivery of high quality, safe care and service.
• Provides nursing care to patients within his/her scope of practice, utilizing the nursing process to assess the health status, establish a nursing diagnosis, establish nursing goals to meet health care needs, and develop, implement and evaluate a nursing plan of care. O.C.G.A. §43-26-3(8).
• Assesses and triages patients presenting to the health care setting, including unscheduled patients, emergencies and others.
• Evaluates emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing interventions. Leads the nursing response to medical emergencies.
• Ensures the readiness of the Health Care Team members to respond to emergencies, including equipment and staff knowledge and skill.
• Monitors patient and work flows, directs other clinical support staff in the delivery of patient care.
• Monitors electronic messaging and email related to patient and provider requests and inquires. Manages the messages as appropriate or triages to physician or others as needed.
• Initiates and monitors IV therapy, administration of medications and other nursing procedures as ordered by the physician or associate practitioner. Assists with procedures and monitors patients' response during and after the procedure.
• Assesses patient and family health education needs, provides health teaching and counseling and evaluates effectiveness of the education process.
• Conducts outgoing telephone calls to patients requiring follow up care and preventative outreach.
• Accurately documents patient data, actions, interventions and patient response according to established guidelines and policies.
• Leads or participates in quality improvement activities and/or initiatives.
• Responds effectively to member / patient concerns.
• Serves as an advocate for the patient. Facilitates transitions and coordination of care across the continuum.
• Serves as a role model for quality and service and as a resource, coach and mentor for other members of the Health Care Team.
• Completes other department-specific procedures and nursing care within scope of practice and skill.
• Associates degree.
• Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• A minimum of 2 years of current experience.
• BSN degree.
• A minimum of 2 years experience within a defined area.
Kaiser Permanente - 2 years ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...