Good communication skills; shows initiative in accepting responsibility and is able to function with minimal supervision; some physical climbing is required
- Manage the facility’s quality assurance laboratory operations. Ensure that lab personnel are conducting the proper testing on time and following approved processes to facilitate the timely analysis of goods based on accepted practices, regulatory requirements, and/or company policies.
- Ensure laboratories are prepared for laboratory audits by performing internal audits and making sure all applicable policies and procedures are being followed
- Evaluate, implement, and maintain microbiological and chemical testing procedures and programs. Secure all appropriate documentation and/or follow-up as required.
- Interpret data generated both internally and by third party testing facilities. Report data and trends to appropriate personnel. Initiate appropriate follow-up actions to data utilizing internal sources.
- Troubleshoot all testing/sampling abnormalities to ensure proper results are reported. Initiate proper guidelines for corrective/preventative action immediately.
- Investigate product holds for microbiological reasons and make recommendations for appropriate actions based on scientific findings and/or company procedures.
- Provide support to the facility Hygienist to facilitate the implementation, maintenance and audit of sanitation procedures and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Perform daily plant inspections. Analyze environmental testing results to ensure a microbiologically sound environment for production. Document and report abnormalities based on company polices, assist in investigation and remedy of any found abnormalities.
- In collaboration with the facility’s Safety and Environmental Manager coordinate the laboratory’s safety and environmental management program. Ensures all relevant personnel are conducting operations in a safe manner and in keeping with best practices and/or company policy.
- Actively support and participate in facility’s Total Quality effort.
- Continuously strive to improve customer/supplier relationships and business processes.
- Participate as active member of plant HACCP team.
- All other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in microbiology or related scientific field
- Advanced knowledge of microbiological lab procedures
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HAACP strongly preferred
- Fluency in MS Office Suite of products
- Ability to work off shifts, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- 3-5 years progressive experience in a Quality Assurance Environment
- Food manufacturing experience highly preferred
- Previous supervisory/people leader responsibilities helpful.
Nestle USA - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Nestlé USA makes delicious, convenient and nutritious food and beverage products that make good living possible. Nestlé S.A.,...