• BS in molecular biology, cell biology or related scientific discipline with 3-5 yrs laboratory experience required.
• MS in molecular biology, cell biology or related scientific discipline with 1-3 yrs laboratory experience preferred.
• Experience working in a biomedical research or clinical laboratory.
• Experience in biorepository operations and management preferred.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Experience in procuring and managing biospecimens and automated specimen processing (Blood, DNA, RNA, protein, tissue) preferred.
• Experience in core facility operations, laboratory information management systems, administrative skills with management experience preferred.
o Excellent oral and written communication.
o Ability to utilize multiple computer platforms and programs. Ability to capture and analyze data.
o Excellent organizational skills.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
· Child Abuse Clearances
· FBI Fingerprint Clearance
· Drug Screening
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia has a current opening for a Biorepository Lab Manager. This position will be closely involved in building the biorepository into an institutional core facility that is involved in multiple biobanking endeavors and will help to develop cost-recovery processes and expansion of services. The Supervisor will be expected to maintain a compliant repository infrastructure to ensure best practices and quality standards to support user requirements for translational research and will be responsible for the development of specimen procurement and process SOPs, and quality control procedures. The Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing and training technical staff, providing technical and operational guidance for the day to day operations of the biorepository, implementation of logistics for specimen labeling, collection, shipping and processing, and implementation of robotic solutions for sample processing, aliquoting, and storage. The Supervisor will also be accountable to develop and implement a Contingency Plan to protect the repository resources. The individual will be committed to continuous process improvement and performing with integrity and accountability.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...