Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
In the Business Critical Services Division, you will provide the highest level of technical support and services to our top enterprise customers who purchase premium contracts. Our customers depend on us to assign engineering and account management resources that help them maximize value out of their Symantec investment.Responsibilities
This engineer will be part of an infrastructure team, developing the framework and modules that support services that are delivered through Business Critical Services. The technology roadmap is expanding and ever changing. Driving development of the tools and infrastructure to support our managed services to help drive the intelligent use of data to maintain SLAs, aid in troubleshooting, give the customer a full view of the service, ease of use by the services staff, and drive product improvements and optimization of the service is the main goal presently.
The engineer develops, and maintains software modules in a given service. Takes active participation throughout the product life cycle with the main emphasis on development, unit test, code reviews and maintenance. Collaborates within and across groups if necessary. Must be able to grasp new technologies quickly.
A high energy level, the ability to set and achieve individual goals, and great interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Coding from well-defined requirements
- Documentation of code
- Web Presentation
(Nice to have)
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer
- Demonstrated passion for quality, innovative approach to solving problems and customer-first attitude are required.
- Strong analytical thinking skill, and ability to analyze and optimize existing software applications for purpose of maintenance or redesign.
- Proficient in Perl, MSSQL, C#, C++, .NET, Microsoft Excel, .ASP.NET, XML, CSS, HTML5, Java Script, jQuery
- Should have good skills in SQL, PHP and Windows Administration.
- Demonstrable understanding of UNIX/Windows system components and their interactions a plus, including file systems.
- Ability to influence and drive, motivate other software developers.
- Experienced with software development in a Microsoft environment (Visual Studio 2012, .NET, MS-SQL Server, C#, MS-Excel, SharePoint and IIS).
- Experience with deploying applications in a data center environment (System Administration)
- Secure coding experience
- Has a working knowledge of basic and advanced networking technologies
- Ability to provide support of their code. Ability to troubleshoot code and communicate to technical users.
- Preferably has prior experience with security and availability technologies, and is aware of industry specific nomenclature.
- Experienced in the creation of documentation of applications, for end user support and software maintenance purposes.
- Requires a Masters or Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills in English.
Symantec - 22 months ago
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...