Building and maintaining software and systems to run our client’s production services. Constantly make process improvements to increase the overall efficiency of the team and enable the business team members are involved in every facet of our client’s production services (Website and IM Client). From design issues to troubleshooting, from performance analysis to capacity planning, from DNS to networking to application misbehavior.
Our client’s technical operations engineers are ultimately responsible for making sure that our client always works and we take that responsibility very seriously. Solve technically challenging and non-trivial problems that touch several different internal systems. Working in the operations team, you will wear many hats for our client’s entire production site: first responder, performance analyst, service architect, system/database administrator, capacity planner, tools developer, monitoring expert, and technical evangelist.
• Must be willing to take 24/7 on-call duty for a week or more at a time where you will be the designated first responder to all production issues. Please do not apply for this position if you are unable to meet this requirement.
• Must be local or willing to relocate.
• Ability to lift up-to 50 pounds and willing to occasionally travel to our co-location facility in Oakland, CA for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
• 3-7 years of solid experience dealing with 24/7 network operations.
• Must be extremely familiar with some flavor of the GNU/Linux Operating system (Preferably Debian or Ubuntu )
• Must have a good understanding of the UNIX Shell including but not limited to the shell built-ins and most commonly used commands.
• We are mostly a PERL and BASH shop, so should be very comfortable coding with at-least one of them (e.g. writing scripts from scratch) and should be able to read the other and make changes to existing code.
• Good understanding of TCP/IP protocol suite and general network administration skills.
• General Database administration experience (preferably MySQL).
• Experience with some form of monitoring and alerting systems (e.g. cacti, nagios) including writing custom plug-ins.
MySQL database experience including replication (Master-Master, Master-Slave(s)), backups, recovery, monitoring, data migration, performance tuning, and commonly used storage engines like InnoDB, MyISAM, Merge, Heap, etc.• Experience with running large scale production clusters ( 500+ nodes )
Foundry Networking devices like FastIron and ServerIron.
Good engineering / software development skills.
SOLR/Lucene search server.
Ubuntu packaging and Preseeding.
Cfengine or other configuration management software.
MogileFS or other large distributed file systems.
Automated OS / software package deployment.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Randstad Technologies - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, an $18.8 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest...