Job ID: 291
Perform troubleshooting and maintenance of manufacturing and test equipment and production and developmental testing of flight hardware.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment breakdowns, focusing on, but not limited to electrical issues on a variety of manufacturing equipment including Thermal Vacuum Space Simulation Systems, Cryo diffusion and mechanical pumps, thermal environment chambers, etc.
- Develop and execute preventive maintenance program for manufacturing and test equipment.
- Install equipment in accordance with OSHA standards and electrical building codes.
- Conduct or witness extensive testing, which includes, cold check, in-process, vibration, thermal, thermal vacuum testing of complex electronic systems, sub-systems and lower level assemblies, utilizing specialized or standard test equipment for conformance to engineering, quality, and other related documentation.
- Conduct and assist in fault isolation of complex electronic systems, sub-systems and lower level assemblies utilizing special and standard test equipment with minimum documentation. Document results and make recommendation for rework or repair.
- Assist Responsible and Test engineering in the development and validation of new and existing circuitry, cables/harnesses, load boxes, fixtures, test racks, test procedures, and other documentation.
- Direct and train junior technicians as well as assembly operators of various experience levels on standards, processes, and procedures.
- Identify and assist in process improvements to resolve hardware, equipment, procedure, and other process related issues.
- Ability to receive broad assignments and work with limited supervision.
- Work in ISO9001:2000/SAE AS9100 environment
- Must be able to move test racks and test equipment to support test setups in various work areas.
High school or equivalent plus AS degree in a technical field, preferably electronics. Minimum of five years experience related to maintenance, electrical, experimental and mechanical work. Requires a thorough knowledge of basic theory and principles of electronics. Must have a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
About Space Systems/Loral (SS/L)
Space Systems/Loral (SS/L) is the leading provider of geostationary commercial satellites, with experience building and integrating some of the worlds most powerful and complex satellites and spacecraft systems. The company has a long history of delivering reliable satellites and spacecraft systems for commercial and government customers around the world.
Approximately 25 percent of the total U.S. Government leased commercial transponders are carried on SS/L-built satellites. SS/L wor...
Space Systems/Loral actively promotes equal opportunity throughout all our business relationships, believing that we all benefit from...