Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley is seeking a Site Superintendent for our South Bay Projects. The Site Superintendent (SS) is responsible for "hands-on" residential construction at HEBSV construction sites. The SS is also responsible for AmeriCorps and volunteer management, project planning, site organization and property management. The role of the SS is to ensure that volunteers, homeowners, and staff work in a safe, efficient and productive environment.
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- Four years of paid, journey-level carpentry experience, preferably in wood-frame or residential construction.
- "Hands-on" knowledge and experience with light construction from foundation to finish plumbing, electrical, and mechanical knowledge is helpful.
- One or more years as a construction lead person, superintendent or assistant superintendent.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Familiarity with the Uniform Building Code.
- Ability to devise and teach - with patience - simple construction methods.
- Desire to develop future Habitat leaders.
- Ability to manage large groups of unskilled people.
- Have a temperament that is suitable for the environment of a volunteer-run, non-profit organization and the ability to create a work environment that is cheerful, productive and inclusive.
- Commitment to the HEBSV mission to build low-cost housing.
idealist.org - 11 months ago