The Nutrition Education Coordinator will be responsible for promoting nutrition-based education and active lifestyles to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) community members throughout York County.
Characteristic Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervision Received: General supervision is received from the Coastal Healthy Communities Coalition Director.
- Plan, coordinate and implement evidence-based nutrition and physical activity services for SNAP eligible community members in York County in accordance with USDA guidelines.
- Deliver evidence-based services that help participants manage a healthy diet and an active lifestyle on a limited budget.
- Use appropriate educational strategies and implementation methods to reach and engage people eligible for SNAP support. Programming may include Cooking Matters and Shopping Matters classes, classroom and garden-based nutrition education in schools, and helping childcare sites adopt practices that support healthy eating and physical activity.
- Meet grant deliverables and expectations, including data collection and reporting requirements. Promote nutrition and physical activity through social marketing materials. Assist with evaluation, data tracking, and reporting.
- Completes new employee orientation and sexual harassment training within 30 days of the date of hire.
- Understands and complies with the University of New England Safety Manual.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Registered Dietitian (RD) or Master’s in Public Health, nutrition or similar advanced training & experience and at least 3 years relevant experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
* Background check may be required.
- Strong nutrition education experience and/or training.
- Experience working with low-income populations.
- Solid understanding of the emergency food system, federal and state nutrition benefits.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and accurately, within deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Strong communication skills; ability to listen well, speak and write effectively.
- Personable and approachable. Ability to work with diverse people, and to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Team player with high professional standards, positive attitude and flexibility
- Ability to travel throughout York County is required.