Encana is seeking a Safety Lead to work in the SRBU EH&S Team, based in Denver, Colorado. This position will provide expert knowledge and skills in order to maintain and continually promote a proactive and positive safety culture, including maintaining OSHA compliance programs, assisting with development and implementation of EH&S management systems, tracking, reviewing and interpreting regulatory and industry standards, and proactively communicating key safety developments, best practices, and improvement opportunities across the SRBU.
You will have the opportunity to work in a team environment and make a significant impact on high-profile projects. Further, you will gain experience with a company that is a challenging and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with a variety of career growth opportunities and programs that recognize and reward demonstrated results.
- Effectively lead a diverse team of employees in implementing and maintaining health and safety regulations, policies, and programs throughout the SRBU.
- Oversee daily activities relating to health and safety regulatory compliance.
- Actively work to improve safety performance through identification and implementation of safety initiatives and tools.
- Develop and deliver timely safety communications such as Hazard Alerts, regulatory updates, and equipment recalls.
- Review, validate, and trend safety incidents and associated corrective actions generated during incident investigation and auditing.
- Conduct and participate in risk assessments and assess how to reduce risks throughout operations.
- Evaluate and trend root causes of incidents and establish prevention strategies as appropriate.
- Ensure team possesses basic competencies for field safety duties and lead professional development for field safety groups.
- Engage operations and leadership to maintain and continually improve safety performance.
- 5 years of Oil and Gas industry experience required. 10 years of industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required. Masters degree preferred.
- Occupational Health and Safety certificate/ diploma/ credentials strongly preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of Federal and State health, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present to public audiences.
- Previous experience and success on a multi-discipline team.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Frequent travel will be required for training delivery, meetings, and the development and implementation of Health and Safety programs.
- Ability to satisfy Department of Justice requirements with or with out assistance from Encana.
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred
Encana is an EEO/AA Employer
Encana - 20 months ago
Encana Oil & Gas (USA) is a south of the border chip off the block of a Canadian energy giant. The company is an exploration and...