Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Serves as a small craft operator at Seward Military Resort in Seward, AK.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Operates an inboard marine drive, diesel powered, 32 passenger (50 foot) charter fishing or tour vessel. Orients passengers, issues life vests, and helps fit vest on children. Provides instructions on disposal of refuse and operations of head, as well as safety precautions. During the trip explains kinds of fish and may help bait hooks or land fish. Is knowledgeable and conducts speaking tour of operating area.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Must posses a minimum 50 ton, near coastal, U.S. Coast Guard approved license. Knowledge of basic rules of the road such as identification and proper actions of the stand-on and give-way vessels in crossing situation and when and how to execute changes of course or speed to best advise other vessels of the operator intent. Knowledge of engine and control operation. Ability to perform operator maintenance to mechanical equipment such as cleaning, greasing and oil changes and to recognize improper operation in order to secure repairs or adjustments. Ability to operate electrical equipment such as VHF radios, GPS, radar and chart plotters or depth sounders. Ability to lay out courses to assigned destinations, avoiding hazards using navigational aids, landmarks, speed of boat, etc., to determine position, estimate time of course change or arrival time. Ability to interpret charts of local area to determine shallow channels, shore conformation, buoys, beacons and landmarks. Ability to maneuver craft independently in situations of storm, reduced visibility and moderate commercial and small craft traffic.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Must be able to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and must be able to work various hours of the day and week when required.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Knowledge, skills, abilites, additional screening criteria, and other credentials.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Flexible employees are not entitled to benefits unless converted to regular part-time or regular full-time positions.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest. -- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 2 years ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...