Kearney & Company is currently seeking a Cleared Staff II Accountant with a current and active security clearance who is motivated, hardworking, works well in a team environment, and desires career advancement. The Cleared Staff II Accountant must have 1-2 years of federal audit and accounting experience to join our Alexandria, VA team.
- Collaborate with team members to set appropriate goals and responsibilities
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client's environment
- Listen/respond to other team members' views
- Execute the day-to-day activities of the engagement
- Perform the daily inventory accounting functions that are required by the organization
- Use spreadsheets and other data manipulation tools to review, run error checks and reconcile loan level data
- Provide leadership and guidance to Staff I employees
- Review and evaluate financial risk, financial reporting and accounting transactions processes including controls related to federal entities
- Review and evaluate complex federal financial statements
- Demonstrate greater initiative to take on tasks and complete work without direct supervision
Kearney offers full-time, salaried positions, and a unique compensation structure that pays employees for every hour billed. Employees also have the opportunity to accrue additional time off for extra hours worked to help ensure a healthy work-life balance. We also offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vacation/holidays/sick, 401(k), short-term and long-term disability, training, and career development.
- ACTIVE U.S. SECURITY CLEARANCE
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting or Business Administration with a major in Accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- At least 1-2 years of federal audit, accounting, internal control experience or financial systems
- CPA candidate or eligibility to sit for CPA certification is highly desirable
Kearney & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Kearney & Company is a CPA firm, located in Alexandria, Virginia, that specializes in providing accounting, audit, and information...