Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking a Java Developer with Hadoop to join our team in Alexandria, VA .
Key Role/Position Description:
- Work in a rapidly changing environment employing agile engineering processes and fielding evolving prototypes to end users in the field.
- Produce and develop software in an agile environment, using modern techniques and processes (e.g., version control, branching, merging, bug tracking, etc.)
- Participate and provide leadership in the system design and development activities.
- Provide development expertise and guidance to others on the development team.
- Participate and lead, when required, daily agile development coordination meetings, and incorporate agile processes into development activities.
- Responsible for designing and developing Hadoop and related technologies solutions for enterprise class application using java technologies.
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering, MS preferred.
- 6-10 years’ experience in software development using Java.
- Must have very strong Java development skills. Spring/JPA experience is highly desired.
- Prior experience as a Hadoop and related technologies developer - Hadoop (MapReduce) and at least one of the following: HBase, Hive, Pig, Cassandra, Mongo DB.
- Must have practical experience with design patterns. Especially, MVC-type frameworks.
- Experience with Lucene/SOLR, Membase, Hadoop, HBase, Azkaban or search engine development, is desirable.
- Strong XML processing experience such as XSD, XPath, XSL, XSLT, etc.
- Web Services / SOAP / REST / XMLRPC experience.
- Experience with Maven; Git repositories, JSON, WebLogic, JMS.
- Application and understanding of Relational Database Concepts.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of core computer science concepts. Demonstrate specific practical applications of those concepts.
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM is desired.
- Practical experience in performance testing and tuning is desired
- Must be a US Citizen
- CBP Background Investigation (including police and credit check) required and must hold a current DoD secret clearance.
- Must be able to support the program on-site Monday – Friday.
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/get clarifications, and get the job done. No handholding required.
- Excellent communication: must be a good listener and be able to clearly communicate ideas with team members, project/product teams, and external groups.
Compensation and Benefits:
Health, Dental and Vision - Life and Personal Accident Insurance - Group Universal Life Insurance - Educational Assistance - Training and Development - Employee Assistance - Tuition Reimbursement Plan.