Aerospace Testing Alliance (ATA), a joint venture of Jacobs Engineering, PAE, and GP Strategies, provides operations, maintenance, and support services at the Air Force's Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold Air Force Base, TN.
AEDC is the nation's largest complex of flight simulation test facilities. This $11 billion complex includes 58 aerospace test facilities with the ability to simulate flight from subsonic to hypersonic speeds at altitudes from sea-level to space. Twenty-seven of the complex's facilities are unique in the United States; fourteen are unique in the world.
**Due to Air Force Security requirements U. S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
**ATA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Under general supervision performs technical, mechanical, electrical and manual work in the testing, operating, and/or assembly and shop areas of an engineering test facility; prepares plant equipment for operations; troubleshoots equipment in case of malfunctions; operates plant equipment during tests; installs and maintains facility systems; accomplishes maintenance and servicing as required to place and keep test facility equipment in operation; uses a wide variety of hand and machine tools, powered equipment, measuring and testing equipment, instructs less experiences lower grade craftsmen. It is a condition of employment to wear company-issued PPE (personal protective equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy. Performs other duties as required.
Educational Equivalent : Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
Specific Knowledge or Experience: Four years of experience as an operating engineer in the working section of an aeronautical test facility operation. Progressive experience in the trade may be substituted for the required experience. Progressive experience is defined as a mechanical background supporting large plant systems such as boilers, chillers, compressors, etc.; large hydraulic systems with operating pressures above 1500 psi; high and/or low pressure process control valves; evaporators; and/or compressed air or water systems. Working knowledge of computers is required.
Licenses: Valid State Driver’s License
Communication Skills: Must be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to understand, give and take directions.
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position:
1. May be required to work in areas of high noise levels. 10%
2. Lifting, up to 50 lbs. 15%
3.Carrying, up to 50 lbs. 15%
4.Exerting pressure up to 45 lbs. 15%
5.Reaching above shoulders - daily 10%
6.Use of fingers 100%
7.Both hands required 100%
8.Both legs required 100%
9.Ability to distinguish basic colors 100%
10. Hearing required 100%
11. Vision (Corrected) 100%
12. Must be able to use respiratory protection 30%
1. The work environment requires the ability to cooperate, work in teams and work well with individuals at all levels of the company, the client, and outside users. 100%
2. The nature of the work requires the ability to communicate clearly. 100%
3. May be required to sit for extended periods of time. 85%
Equipment and Machines:
1. Must have the ability to use PC and associated equipment on a daily basis. 40%
2. Use of the telephone is required. 40%
3. Use of other general office equipment. 10%
4. Mechanical hand tools/electrical hand tools, rigging equipment and manual operated hoists , fork trucks, tugs, and mobile cranes. Variety of portable equipment such as pumps, filtration units, fuel fired freeze protection heaters, and motorized engine casts 70%
Regular attendance is essential to the efficient operation of ATA and is a necessary condition of employment. Each employee will be expected to adhere to the work schedule established by his/her supervisor and comply with the company’s attendance policy. Overtime is required to meet work schedules at an approximate rate of 10% to 15%. Employees are expected to report to work at the scheduled time, return from breaks promptly, and depart work not earlier than the end of the scheduled day. Compliance with safety rules and safe work practices is an essential function of the job.
Other Essential Functions:
1. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
2. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
3. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance and to obtain and maintain access to the AEDC local area computer network.
Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and...