Exciting opportunity to work in NASA Goddard Space Flight Center's Heliophysics Science Division. The Heliophysics Science Division conducts research on the Sun, its extended solar-system environment (the heliosphere), and interactions of Earth, other planets, small bodies, and interstellar gas with the heliosphere. This is an ideal role for a candidate with 0-1 years of programming in C++.
Provide software development support to the Community Coordinated Modeling Center (CCMC) at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The CCMC is seeking a highly motivated individual to work full-time to build upon and expand the Kameleon software suite features/functionality by adding new model support, new interfaces, and new back-end infrastructure that will provide web-service access to our large data sets. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to a community wide activity, collaborate will multiple external entities, and also pioneer new standards and methodologies for handling three dimensional model output. There are many scientific visualization activities that we are involved in, including the development of our own in-house advanced scientific visualization applications. Kameleon is a critical component in enabling the analysis and visualization of our 3D data sets, and presents another excellent opportunity to contribute to several high-visibility endeavors.
- Develop new Kameleon Converter software ( Java ) functionality to read 3D model output and write to standardized science data formats
- Develop new Kameleon Interpolation software ( C++ ) features to provide access to converted output files
- Design develop and maintain new interfaces and services that provide remote access to data stored at CCMC
- Maintain and manage software versions, task, bugs, etc
- Maintain, build, promote, and strengthen collaborations with external Kameleon users and developers
- Provide support for internal and external scientific visualization activities that utilize Kameleon
Skills & Requirements
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a Physical Science plus at least 1 years experience writing software in C++ and Java in a UNIX/Linux environment.
About Sigma Space Corporation
Sigma Space is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider of professional support services. Our expert scientists and engineers are team players, collaborating with clients to meet their goals quickly, efficiently, and affordably. We have the expertise to work with clients at any stage in the science or engineering life cycle to make each project a success.
Sigma Space sells sophisticated lidar and electronics products, supplying scientific, defense, and federal and local government markets. Our products are developed internally and can be customized to meet client needs. Among our most popular instruments is our efficient Micro Pulse Lidar (MPL) laser remote sensing system, which provides continuous, unattended monitoring of atmospheric cloud and aerosol profiles.
Aerospace Instruments Division
Aerospace hardware personnel develop custom instrumentation for aerospace and terrestrial applications. They have expertise in designing, analyzing, fabricating, assembling, and testing aerospace instrument systems. Sigma Space has proven success on multiple programs, including the patented Single Photon Lidar, or HRQLS (High Resolution Quantum Lidar System), which generates foliage-penetrating, 3-D aerial maps of terrain and infrastructure—at industry-leading speeds.