With our continued growth, we have an opening for a Full-time Certified Athletic Trainer/ATC to work at our employer health center located in Georgetown, KY!
The hours of this position are from 5:30pm-2am, Monday-Friday.
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions ( www.takecareemployersolutions.com ) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies . The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
Summary: The Certified Athletic Trainer will be responsible for the daily development and implementation of TCHS Occupational Injury Prevention Programs.
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
- Provide basic first aid and orthopedic injury screening, covering such areas as (but not limited to) history, observation, palpation, range of motion, manual muscle strength, reflex testing, myotomes, dermatomes, and special tests.
- Demonstrate objective rationale for appropriate referrals to on-site medical providers.
- Provide daily client follow-up and make recommendations for work performance based on knowledge in anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and ergonomic principles.
- Lead large group training sessions focusing on functional movement patterns, specific job simulations, and educational programs for occupational health/ safety.
- Counsel and observe clients related to appropriate symptom management techniques for minor musculoskeletal discomfort and/ or provide recommended guidelines for correcting limitations in flexibility, strength, and general conditioning to prevent injury or long-term disability.
- Perform job analysis establishing and reviewing specific objective findings of push/ pull/ lift forces and repetitive body posturing requirements.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with Occupational Health Services Team and Safety personnel regarding workplace countermeasures and injury prevention activities.
- Attend meetings and serve on task forces as requested.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
Requirements Bachelors Degree from accredited college or university Licensed as a Certified Athletic Trainer Current Training in Basic Life Support and First Aid is required
Experience in Occupational Health and Safety; Knowledge of current OSHA regulations. Certifications in Health/ Fitness Industry (i.e. NSCA, NASM, ACSM, etc…)
At Take Care Health Systems we offer a more personalized, human approach to healthcare.
Our Take Care Clinics, conveniently located in...