The person in this position performs a variety of administrative support, accounting, clerical, reception, budgeting, purchasing, and personnel and payroll duties in support of NARC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting the superintendent; coordinating with faculty, researchers, and staff; organizing special events; directing telephone and walk-in traffic; taking messages as needed; directing questions and inquiries to appropriate personnel; composing, typing, and proofing a variety of documents including general correspondence, flyers, brochures, presentations, etc; processing important MSU business forms; staying up-to-date on MSU business procedures and communicating those updates to others; making airline, lodging and vehicle reservations; processing personnel and payroll forms, ensuring accurate payroll records; maintaining general, personnel, and accounting files; processing mail; ordering supplies; and other related duties as required.
1. Two years of post-secondary education plus three years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) progressively responsible administrative support experience with or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience .
2. Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles in managing, monitoring, and reconciling financial records.
3. Demonstrated competence maintaining records such as electronic and paper files with a high degree of accuracy and close attention to detail.
4. Demonstrated competence organizing and prioritizing multiple work assignments, meeting deadlines, and exercising adaptability to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, effective, and professional attitude.
5. Demonstrated competence using personal computers and various software such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, email and internet. Microsoft Office software preferred (please list equipment and software used).
6. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated experience providing a high level of service and support to a diverse customer base.
8. Demonstrated ability in exercising self-motivation and good judgment, confidentiality, and working effectively both independently and as part of a team.
1. Experience using the SCT Banner system.
2. Knowledge of MSU procedures and policies or previous experience working in a higher education setting.
The successful candidate will also have the following abilities : maintain confidentiality of records and information; communicate effectively with employees, students and the public, both in person and over the phone; establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers and the public; work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team; and represent the Northern Agricultural Research Center and MSU in a professional and courteous manner.
1. In accordance with MSU policy, hiring will be conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Screening of applications will begin on February 4, 2013, and will continue until a suitable candidate is hired.
To apply, please download the application materials by clicking here MSU Classified Employment Application .
The applicant must submit an MSU Application. Electronic submissions are highly preferred. An original signature of the MSU-Bozeman Application Cover Sheet is required via scanned PDF, fax, or hardcopy original to the address below. Submit materials to Darrin Boss, Superintendent Montana State University NARC 3710 Assinniboine Rd Havre, MT 59501-8412 email@example.com Fax: 406-994-8288
Please e-mail or call Search Committee Contact at 406-265-6115 with any questions.
Montana State University - 13 months ago
Founded in 1893, Montana State University - Bozeman has a national and international reputation for its excellence in undergraduate and...