Data Management Programmer Analyst
Remote Work Authorized
Yes, With Restriction
Jan 14, 2013, 2:39:18 PM
The James Webb Space Telescope
(JWST) is a world-class, space-based astronomical observatory being developed
by NASA. The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) is developing the JWST
ground system for NASA, including the Project Reference Database (PRD)
Subsystem, which manages the definitions of JWST commands, telemetry and other
data used in JWST operations. As part of this responsibility, CSC is seeking a Data
Management Programmer Analyst to support operations and maintenance for the
Essential Job Functions
- Handles ITAR controlled data, validates data received,
uses custom software for configuration control of the data, supports the
configuration control board review process, and enforces the certification
- Creates and maintains XML schema and XSL for data
verification as well as creates, maintains and runs software tools for
manipulating PRD data
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents basic programs. Assists in the modification of company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
- Assists in the research and analysis of existing systems and program requirements; assists in preparing documentation to change existing programs. Performs data analysis to support internal and external project needs.
- Designs basic programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Assists in resolving routine production support problems.
- Assists in the completion of unit testing by preparing test data, running tests and evaluating results. Develops screen tests and debugging problems. Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Creates basic documentation in work assignments such as program code.
- Conducts routine quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
- Zero years of experience in programming or testing
- Experience working in a student employment program or related experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Experience with XML schema, XSL, HTML, CSS, Java, Servlets/JSP,
Perl, Python and SQL Server
- Eligible to work with ITAR material and satisfy NASA
background verification for system access
- Basic programming skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Experience with configuration management systems,
Unix/Linux, and Windows operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
CSC est l’un des leaders mondiaux dans le conseil ainsi que dans la mise en oeuvre, pour les entreprises, de solutions et de services...