Fargo, ND Research Assistant position:|
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual with the ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary Research Team located in Fargo, ND. The Research Assistant will primarily be responsible for supporting the activities of the on site Wheat Testing and Operations Manager.
The Field Research Assistant will have the opportunity to support the Spring Wheat Field Testing Team in coordinating various trials, implementing and administering Standard Operating Procedures, QA, QC and safety procedures. This is an excellent opportunity to work with leading edge technology and talented cross functional scientists seeking to deliver the very best crop genetics.
- Actively participate in Site Quality Management Program
- Assist in selection and maintenance of testing locations and operating research planting and harvesting equipment.
- Assist in managing regulated spring wheat field trials under USDA notifications including monitoring for and controlling volunteers from previous regulated trials.
- Preparation for/and planting, field plot maintenance, data collection and harvesting.
- Interact with researchers on and off-site for project related needs.
- Participate in task-related document creation and process review for job-related activities.
- Recruit, train, and develop temporary personnel.
- Occasional overnight travel required, especially during planting and harvesting.
- Ensure that company assets are well-cared for and properly maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with research methodologies
- Knowledge of crop production, farming practices, and farm equipment operation and repair
- Ability to travel overnight during growing season activities
- Documented individual leadership skills including excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary/multicultural research team
- Willing to work long days during planting, spraying and harvest seasons.
- Class A CDL or ability to obtain a Class A CDL
- Pesticide applicator license or ability to obtain a Pesticide applicator license
- Demonstrated an ability to write and speak fluently in English and work in interdisciplinary teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or related field
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Previous plot research experience
- Welding and fabrication skills are beneficial
Monsanto - 19 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...