Site Process & Quality Chemist-1201287
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position leads the site process improvement program, the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Quality Management Systems, and will be the main technical process support for the Liquid and Dry Granules Formulation plants.
- Provide leadership, assistance and troubleshooting for new and existing processes.
- Develop, document, implement and ensure adherence to quality assurance programs, such as ISO 9001 and microbiology and cross contamination prevention, to ensure that manufacturing processes and finished products conform to quality standards.
- Review and investigate manufacturing issues and customer complaints to determine the disposition of components, in-process materials and finished goods in conformance with quality standards.
- Work with other APN sites' QA Managers, Process Engineers & Continuous Improvement personnel, to create a holistic approach to quality implementation and maintaining appropriate level of harmonization within the APN organization.
- Lead/contribute to quality investigations with the quality and production teams to ensure true root cause analysis and effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
- Plan, control and assure product and process quality in accordance with quality principles, which include; planning processes, material control, acceptance, sampling and measurement systems.
- Serve as site Quality Coordinator/Chemist and designee for the Q.A. Laboratory Manager.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BS degree in Chemistry.
- Six to ten years of experience in a similar position.
- Broad experience in process development, as well as start-ups of new processes and quality management systems.
- Broad based exposure to laboratory supervision and analytical chemistry procedures and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written & oral) and build relationships with individuals at multiple levels of the organization.
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish & English).
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong computer capabilities (MS Office, Lotus Notes, and others)
- Puerto Rico Chemist License required.
- Master's degree in Chemistry
- Knowledge on how to organize analytical laboratory operations and analytical equipment.
- Knowledge of statistical process control procedures.
- Working knowledge in development and implementation of systems standards and tools (ISO, Lean-5S, Value Stream Mapping and others).
- Auditing, Quality Certification experience; expected within 6-12 months of employment.
Primary Location: United States-Puerto Rico-Manati
Function: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: APN-Agricultural Products Division
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with about 112,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide we serve...