Supports the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Ensures property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Feb 21, 2013, 8:03:17 AM
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...