COPY WRITER |
SixAxis, LLC has an immediate opening for an advertising Copywriter at our downtown Charleston, SC office. This role reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
As a member of the Marketing Department, the successful candidate ’s responsibilities will include corporate wide message development. Some of the role responsibilities include:
• Write copy for all marketing and sales collateral: ads, presentations, newsletters, website product descriptions, packaging, catalogs, brochures, etc.
• Responsible for the writing and proofing of copy in a timely manner in accordance with established time lines
• Write all press releases as well as some editorial
• Contribute and assist copy needs for Social Media, SEM and SEO purposes.
• Assist department with research and competitive analysis
• Stay up to date on industry terminology, topics and trends
• Monitor website for accuracy and ways to improve
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
• Mastery of the English language, including grammar and vocabulary
• Superior analytical and research skills and attention to detail an absolute must
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, identify and address problems and meet deadlines
• Understanding of latest trends in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.)
• Knowledge of current SEO/SEM tools and techniques
• Familiarity with the Industrial, metal/fabricating and/or petroleum and chemical industries is a bonus
Education and Experience:
• 3 years experience writing and editing copy or equal in quality of portfolio
• Degree in English or Journalism or equivalent in experience