Job Summary: A WWPass Systems Administrator – Level 1 has the ability to take ownership and responsibility for technical, operational, and security issues at an actual implementation level. This includes, but is not limited to deployment and maintenance of work stations, servers, networks, and all the other related hardware and services. The positions most important role will be to setup and maintain server environments composed mostly of Linux. The role will also include help and support of WWPass users in a Desktop Support role. The position is also focused on career growth and the candidate does not have to be familiar with all the advanced technologies so listed; however more familiarity will definitely aid in getting the job done. The candidate must have good customer service skills, a love of learning and working with new technologies, and enjoy making processes more efficient.
The foundation of WWPass’ advanced privacy and security services is a globally distributed network and IT infrastructure. The speed, security and reliability of this infrastructure are critical to the company’s success.
- Upgrading, Patching, Securing, and Maintaining VMWare ESXi, Xen, Linux, and Windows servers.
- Working in a Datacenter environment with KVM’s, UPS’s, and networking devices.
- Working with Cisco ASA Firewall/VPN units, Linux IP Tables, and networking protocols like 802.3ad.
- Working with IMAP, MAPI, and VoIP phone systems.
- Working with Bacula Linux backup software, MySQL databases, Apache web services, etc.
- Ensuring Uptime and Availability through Careful Actions, Backups, and System Redundancy.
- Troubleshooting Server, Daemon, and Network issues.
- Documenting processes and using a Troubleshooting Ticket System.
- Ensure use of proper security procedures, technologies, and passwords.
- Collaborating with an overseas team.
- Imaging, Installing, and setting up new Windows and Macintosh OSX workstations for users.
- Adding machines to a Windows Domain and configuring according to WWPass standards.
- Installing and setting up any and all software to fulfill varied individual user needs.
- Ensuring proper Security and Backups through user education as well as proper system set-up.
- Troubleshooting any and all workstation issues as the first line of support.
- Collaborating within the IT Department to resolve central IT related issues.
- Working through all problems until they are resolved and the user is satisfied.
- 3 years related experience
Education / Certification:
- Bachelors or equivalent *
*Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable, as determined by WWPass.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Windows 7
- Mac OS 10.6
- Ubuntu & Gentoo Linux
- PC Hardware
- Cisco Networking Devices
- Allied Telesis Networking Devices
- SSL/SSH Key Management
- Filesystem Encryption
Physical Demands / Requirements:
Availability: Monday – Friday;(40-45 hours weekly)
Work Environment: Office, light production, and technical areas – required
Weight Pushing/Lifting: Racking servers and equipment
WWPass is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or veteran status.