Job Summary The Senior Business Development Manager assists the Business Development Director in implementation of the business development strategy for the office and/or region. Gathers information on potential markets, clients and projects fully utilizing other Lend Lease contacts to maximize group sales. Oversees or manages the development and preparation of proposals and interview materials.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified .
- Assists with identifying potential client and project opportunities.
- Builds positive relationships with sources for lead generation (i.e., A/E firms, consultants, etc.).
- Assists in contacting and developing long-term client relationships and monitoring our performance of projects.
- Assists in or lead development and production of qualifications, proposals and presentations.
- Assists with development of the office's sales strategy.
- Develops an understanding of the competition in your market area.
- Assists in implementation of Public Relations strategy with attendance of networking groups and tradeshows.
- Assists the Office Management Team (OMT) in the coordination of the office's sales efforts (i.e., scheduling meetings with potential clients, ensures the OMT is spending an appropriate amount of time in sales activities, uncovers opportunities, etc.)
- Cooperates with Corporate Marketing utilizing their resources and services to support office marketing and sales efforts.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other Lend Lease offices as needed to maximize group wide sales. Respects the rights of the Account Holder in approaching clients who may already have contact with other Lend Lease professionals.
- Participates in the company's Total Quality Management program.
- Assists in soliciting the involvement of members of the OMT in developing strategy for pursuit of specific project opportunities.
- Assists the business development director in meeting sales goals for the year.
- May provide support in terms of strategy and liaison with clients to Focused Business Units to develop business within focused sectors.