Senior Engineer responsible for performing structural design, analysis work and structural estimating as directed in the engineering of complete materials handling systems.
- Perform structural design work and structural estimating for bulk materials handling systems, marine related equipment, mobile equipment and basic structural systems.
- Perform design and analysis of buildings, trusses and galleries.
- Perform design and analysis as directed by supervisor using MathCAD.
- Perform advanced analysis for complex structures, such as seismic analysis and finite element analysis.
- Perform other related duties, as directed.
- BS or MS degree in Civil Engineering.
- 5+ years’ related engineering experience; civil or structural engineering. Background in materials handling preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in specific areas through progressive experience.
- Advanced knowledge of strength of materials, stress analysis, and structural engineering.
- Working knowledge of MathCAD, STAAD, AutoCad and Inventor is preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of numerical methods of structural analysis.
Occasional overtime may be required in this position.
Occasional job related travel.
EEO/M/F/D/V/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Matrix PDM Engineering - 11 months ago