The HIMS Service Clerk
is critical for assisting hospital staff and hospital leadership with several areas that are critical to high quality patient care, including: data entry, patient records, charts, and files management, as well as assisting the HIMS Supervisor with chart research and FIM scores. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining associated logs and records in accordance with established priorities and procedures of the Medical Records Department.
Why work for Healthsouth?
Work with a national leader! Our goal is to attract and retain the best healthcare professionals at our hospitals. HealthSouth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available benefits, please click
Who are we?
Healthsouth is the nation’s leading provider of rehabilitative services with over 100 acute rehabilitation hospitals in 26 states including Puerto Rico!
Depending on the hospital location you will have the opportunity to work in a 30-200 bed acute care rehab hospital providing quality treatment through a large group of healthcare professionals such as: Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Registered Nurses, Pharmacists, and other licensed assistants. Working with HealthSouth means you work with a team of medical staff that are all dedicated to returning our patients to the highest level of functioning possible.
In fact, with an average of 80% of our patients returning home, we are proud to be recognized as a national leader for inpatient rehabilitation.
To learn more about being a part of this successful team, please check us out at
License or Certification:
Experience*Hospital experience – preferred
- Must have High School or equivalent (GED)
Environmental Conditions: * Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Attention to Detail – focus on the little things!
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessibility.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e. before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
HealthSouth Corporation - 2 years ago
HealthSouth is actually all over the map as one of the largest rehabilitation services providers in the nation. Its facilities include...