Responsible to direct operation and maintenance of asphalt production
Over 2 years up to and including 4 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment.
Minimum 5 years management experience
Minimum 5 years asphalt production
Bituminous plant certifications
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitor material quality, inspect, & troubleshoot material. Work closely with Quality Control Department
2. Coach and monitor team members and sites to comply with OSHA, MSHA and safety regulations
3. Direct and/or perform maintenance & repairs on equipment
4. Calibrate plant for maximum efficiency’s
5. Trouble shoot downtime and eliminate or minimize the causes in the future by implementing preventive maintenance procedures
6. Assist and train plant employees
7. Record pertinent information accurately and relay production, quality, equipment and personnel information to appropriate individuals
8. Approve and submit work hours of personnel and pertinent job information daily
9. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
10. Manage aggregate inventory and schedule rail deliveries.
11. Safely and properly supervise and coordinate activities of workers
12. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
13. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material, quality, equipment, operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
14. Directs operation and maintenance of asphalt production. Assures that work is in conformity with federal and state standards, accepted principles of design and engineering, and available funds. Addresses meetings of interested parties to explain plans and activities of department.
15. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others.
16. Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors
17. Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance, Lockout/Tagout.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITITES
Asphalt production knowledge
Ability to navigate computer software systems
Build & maintain relationships with agencies & community leaders
Equal Opportunity Employer