SRI International is looking for a full time Administrative Operations Assistant to support software engineering efforts on a large contract in support of the US Army Communications Electronic Command (CECOM).
Candidate will serve as an Administrative Operations Assistant providing support to software engineering and distribution efforts in a fast paced work environment. We are looking for an experienced individual with a background in administrative or related tasking. Candidate must be a quick learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills who is resourceful and able to work independently in support of on-going projects managed from the Avionics, Countermeasures and Sensors Division. Candidate must also be detail oriented, organized and able to handle a fast paced work environment. Tasks performed may include: general administrative tasks, document preparation and routing, property management, purchasing, data entry, and other tasks as assigned.
- Working knowledge of email, scheduling, spreadsheets and presentation software.
- The ability to multi-task and learn quickly with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have a strong work ethic, and are self-motivated with a proven ability to work productively with little or no direct supervision.
- Requires strong communication and computer skills. Also calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Strong proofreading and editing documents skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities are essential.
- Problem Solver (both as an individual and on a team).
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to take direction from multiple senior team members.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Coordinating events, managing calendars, experience with invoicing and procurement of office equipment.
- Ability to professionally address senior/upper management leadership.
- Experience interact professionally with a diverse group of personnel, i.e., executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Organized, detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and Prioritize tasks.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint Skills.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2003 or 2007 administration and/or usage.
- Microsoft Visio.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification.
- Experience with coordinating company travel.
- Experience with handling U.S. Government inventory (i.e. hand receipts).
- Experience with U.S. Government purchase process.
- 3+ years of related administrative experience.
Associates Degree or Higher.
Any combination of education, training and/or experience equivalent to the completion of two years of college including coursework and training in technical writing, basic statistics, and computer usage.
Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
For information regarding the process to obtain a government security clearance, please visit the following link: http://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/60321.htm.
Relocation Assistance Available.
About This Division
SRI International's Engineering & Systems Group, the institute's largest group, is a multidisciplinary engineering organization dedicated to development and application of operationally effective systems. We perform a variety of engineering research, systems engineering, testing, product development and fielding, and integration services for commercial and government clients worldwide. Clients include the Department of Defense (U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Joint Services), the Department of Transportation, state and local government agencies, and domestic and international commercial companies.
The Group is comprised of three divisions: the Engineering Research and Development Division, the Information Systems Division, and the Products and Services Division.
For additional information, please visit the Engineering & Systems Group website: http://www.sri.com/esd
SRI International - 21 months ago